Friday 27 March 2020

Who Did You Say You Were?

You think that you know someone, but even the most familiar friend or family member can surprise you.
     I suppose it just shows that you can never know what is going on in someone else's head. You may think that you know the likes and dislikes of your friends then suddenly you find that out that they have a talent for surfing, or were a champion Irish dancer as a child.
     Or perhaps you always thought they loved ginger flavoured chocolate, so you give them some every christmas as your special gift. Then after 35 years you find that the first time you gave them some, they very politely said it was their favourite sweet - but actually it makes them heave and as soon as possible they bin your offering.
     I have known Graham for forty years now. You would think that after that length of time I would know just about everything about him.
     But today he has astounded me, by revealing his greatest secret of all. Something he has been hiding for more than the forty years I have known him.
     This afternoon he decided to have leisurely bath and wash his hair. Then came upstairs to watch me playing WoW on his PC.
      When he arrived, I knew immediately that something was amiss. He seemed nervous, or it could have been the way that he had his T shirt pulled up over his head, revealing his torso.
     'What is it?' I asked, 'You haven't .... done it?'
      He had!
     For the first time in over FORTY YEARS, for the first time in all the years I have known him - I can hardly bring myself to say this - He had SHAVED HIS BEARD OFF!
     And after forty years of knowing him, I find that after all this time, I am now married to a complete stranger!
 


 .... ? .....

     Corona Virus really does have a LOT to answer for!




No comments:

Post a Comment