Wednesday 1 January 2020

Happy New Year!

It is the New Year 2020 - you may have noticed - and I have LOADS of stuff to Blog about.
     Where to start is my problem!
     OK let's start with today, a New Day, a New Year and we have Charlie staying with us for a few days. Mike and his family are visiting in-laws and it was agreed that Charlie would probably have more fun visiting us - although Charlie has fun wherever she is, she is a supremely confident and happy dog.
     Charlie also seems to be settling down a bit and getting to understand what she may be allowed to class as a 'toy' and what definitely is not! - my wool for example.
     The nights are also a lot more peaceful, with all the dogs settling down quickly and staying quiet.
     Some times though things can be a bit too quiet.
     Like yesterday morning for example.
     Normally when I get up, I am immediately surrounded by dogs, which I wade through like a boiling furry sea as I make my way downstairs to the bathroom.
     The dogs know that after that, the next stop will be the kitchen, where breakfast biscuits are counted out. Any dogs in attendance at this point will be given a biscuit to keep them going until I get upstairs to the 'games room' where I can work on the facebook page entry for the day. And the rest of the biscuits will be shared out.
     But yesterday all was suspiciously quiet.
     No dogs ambushed me anywhere.
     I had heard somebody gallop downstairs and outside just before I got up, but apart from that all was silence and ominously dog-free.
     I counted out the biscuits into an empty box to carry upstairs and peeped into the living room ... No dogs!
     By this time I was starting to get a little worried.
     I went upstairs and found Bridie in her special den, under the spare bed, but there was still no sign of the two younger and generally noisier members of the family.
     Graham was just getting up, so I told him the situation and he went down to have a look in the back garden.
     There were Charlie and Tallulah outside, Charlie bouncing around Tallulah and Tallulah being very quiet. Obviously something was the matter, but what?
     Anyway, they both came upstairs and all three had their biscuits doled out and eaten.
     After a while I decided to go downstairs and do a bit of crochet - I am currently working on another blanket, more of which later.
     I switched on the living room light and saw that someone had been copiously sick in the middle of Graham's large floor cushion/dog bed.
    I can't do sick - not without 'huey'ing myself - so I called for Graham who quickly sorted it out.
    It looked like someone had bolted their bedtime biccies and it had made an early re-appearance.
     For some reason Tallulah and Bridie thought that they had done something wrong (or that somebody had done something wrong) and that they might get the blame for it, so were in hiding.
     Charlie (the likely candidate) had spent a restful night in Tallulah's bed then nipped outside first thing to visit Tallulah.
     Once the sick situation had been sorted, all three dogs reverted to happy, Happy, HAPPY, BOUNCE, BOUNCE, BOUNCE, BOUNCE !!

     Incidentally I was telling this story to Mike when he rang up yesterday, when Charlie appeared looking very happy and waggy, carrying something very proudly in her mouth.
     I rang off quickly to find that Charlie had managed to get the face flannel out of the bathroom sink. It had already, pretty obviously, had a trip into the garden, so that went in the wash and a new one was found.


No comments:

Post a Comment