Tuesday 19 April 2016

St Expidite Prayers

      This saint, who is more than likely completely fictional, is prayed to any time you need quick or instant help with a problem. The name 'Expidite' means 'do it quickly' or 'hurry', so he is invoked to give quick results in all sorts of circumstances.
     The following is a prayer for help in a financial crisis - I found it at saintexpedite.org where there are lots of prayers for different purposes:

     Take a white and a green candle and scribe your name up the length of the candle from bottom to top. Light the candles and pray:

     I call forth the Power and the presence of St Expidite in my time of financial trouble. I offer my body, heart, mind and soul upon your altar of light. I have faith and trust and complete confidence that you will be my strength in this time of need, 
    Quickly come to my assistance.
    Bring to me [say what you need ] and find a way to bring this to me as soon as possible.
    My financial need is urgent. Be my light and guide in this situation, so that I may live with peace, love, prosperity and abundance, and in the praise of God.
     Amen

(You must now make a promise to give something to St Expidite when your need is fulfilled and you must carry out this promise.)

According to Vodu belief you must give him flowers, or a member of the household  'will pass'.

     And here is a quick one from the book 'Hoodoo - Conjuration - Witchcraft - Rootwork' a collection of folklore material by Harry Middleton Hyatt

Our dear Martyr and Protector, St Expidite
You know what is necessary and what I urgently need
I beg you to intercede before the Holy Trinity,
That by your grace my request will be granted
[State what you need]
May I receive your blessings and favours
In the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Amen

Vodu practitioners use a red candle to invoke St Expidite, and remember to give him some flowers when your request is accomplished.


No comments:

Post a Comment